- Dear Liebling Autor!
I am terribly honored, and most thankful to CF and the City for nominating me for the Liebster Award! I am very gracious!
What is the Liebster Award?
An award given to someone with less than 200 followers who is an upcoming star.
What do Liebsters have to do?
Well, first I have to post 11 things about myself.
Then I have to answer the 11 questions made by the tagger.
Next, I have to tag 11 People. Last, I have to ask 11 questions of the bloggers I tagged.
If I nominate you, you can pretty much follow the format of this post as a guideline.
My 11 things…
- It’s 7:58 and I am listening to Frank Ocean’s “Thinking About You” for the first time. Love the falsetto! (“Do you not think so far…ahead. Cause I’ve been thinkin’ bout forever…)
- I love the colour cobalt!
- I just recently started reading “Say You’re One of Them” by Uwen Akpan. Looks good so far.
- I just recently started following CF and the City (my tagger) and I loved her post Me and Politics…Politics and Me!
- It’s 8:10…and I am still listening to Frank Ocean 🙂
- Before Ocean, I was listening to Justin Nozuka’s “Swan in the Water”
- Batman is my fave superhero b/c he has no powers and he moves in shadows. The Dark Knight was amazing!
- I actually do not like watching TV that much, I prefer to read.
- I really want to read Ernest Hemingway’s “For Whom the Bell Tolls” again. I read it once a few years ago and I loved it.
- My favorite place to read is curled on a sofa, covered in blankets with the lights dimmed and rain pattering on the windows.
- I have recently started experimenting with the ice-cream flavors that I like. I realized I am a mint-chocolate chip ice-cream lover!!! I think I will try pistachio next.
My 11 answers…
1. If you could go anywhere, where would you go? France. I have always wanted to experience the thrill of Paris and then go to the quieter towns and cities and just experience the culture.
2. What are you most scared of? Not being good enough.
3. What is your favorite thing to blog about? Just random Scribbles 🙂
4. What is your favorite place you’ve visited? Duke University and the US Chamber of Commerce. Love the architecture of Duke’s buildings, it has a castle-like feel complete with towers, a cathedral, and beautiful forests. I love the US COC because it is filled with so much history. As a lover of old things, I really enjoyed knowing that many presidents had walked through the halls I stepped through.
5. Do you have any pets? I had some fish when I was younger.
6. What is your favorite book and why? Too hard. I don’t even know where to start. I love “Pride and Prejudice”. I also loved “Their Eyes Were Watching God” and the “The Great Gatsby”. More recent books I have found entertaining are “Click” (has 10 authors, excerpt here) and also “The Luxe Series” by Anna Godbersen (a guilty pleasure).
7. What is your favorite food? Whatever I am eating when I am eating it! (usually)
8. What TV or book character are you most like? I would like to think I am a mixture between Mulan and Princess Tiana.
9. Who do you want to meet? I would have loved to meet Coco Chanel and Benazir Bhutto. If I had to pick someone now, I would say First Lady Obama.
10. Do you like Thai food? Yes. I love the spice.
11. Do you like coffee? I should probably say no. It might help me stop loving it.
My 11 questions…
- Favorite book? (Since I was tortured with this question…)
- Whats the best place that you have visited?
- Favorite song?
- Your most annoying habit? (according to your friends, family, etc.)
- Your best trait? (according to yourself)
- Any pet peeves?
- Do you remind yourself of any book character?
- What popular book do you hate the most?
- Which do you have more often sugar rushes or caffeine crashes?
- What’s you favorite color and what do you think this says about you?
- Do you find a song you like and listen to it a million times?
- I find a lot of inspiration in music when writing, do you?
My 11 nominees will be in a following post!
Thanks again for the lovely award CF and the City!
I truly appreciate the honor and I urge everyone to go read and learn about her fascinating musings on politics, careers, etc.